Still writing “Urban Myth”. I don’t want to give away too many of the details, but once again I’m putting undressed young men onstage. When you think about it, there’s probably too much of that in my writing. Observe:
- The Marley Show: Moe wakes up without any pants on.
- The Bill Show: Matsuda makes his entrance wearing nothing but Japanese Flag Boxer Shorts.
- I Am The Devil: Karl is shown in a t-shirt and boxers.
- Big Game: There are no men in the cast. But the elephant is naked.
- Couchophilia: In the script, Tony never actually gets his shirt off. But for my production, I had Ryan take it off just before he gets into bed.
So you can see, “Urban Myth” will simply continue my record of lots of semi-nude men and no undressed women. Why is this? Well, men running around in their underwear can be considered funny, while seeing women in the same situation seems violating. Maybe someday we’ll have equal opportunity for everyone to get buck-naked together, but until that day, I will continue to drop the trou of men everywhere.